Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Where I've Been

Here are some old thoughts to fill up space until I get some new ones ready:

(January 2008)

One of the things that drew me to study the classics was the inspiration to see life as more than just a series of steps that one goes through until life is completed. I like to believe that behind the expected paths we take (high school, college, career, marriage, children, etc.) there is a more poetic meaning to it all. In the classics and in my other studies I find glimpses of a beauty that pervades time and cultures, a beauty that inspires joy and encourages us to keep pursuing the ordinary things of life. I’m learning to accept that life isn’t about getting awards or checking things off a list; it is about accepting what life is and enjoying it for its paradoxical simplicity and complexity. I hope someday to share the things that I’ve learned (and have yet to learn) with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment