Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Model Blogs

I still don't have a clear picture of what I want to put here, although it is coming along a little better than 24 hours ago when I created this blog.

To get some ideas, I thought about the elements of the blogs I really love. I follow lots of blogs, but the two I have on the sidebar right now are my favorites.

This blog is so full of grace - grace for the everyday, grace for challenges, grace like God gives. Some blogs I've seen seem to idolize "simplicity" and "thankfulness" without seeing them within a bigger picture of God's greatness. This blog puts these things into perspective. The simplicity here is a simplicity of childlike faith, not anti-consumerist simplicity-for-simplicity's-sake. The thankfulness here is thankfulness to a Creator, not to creation itself.

The latest entry - for your weekend - reminds me of the perfect spring weekend, especially the ones from when I was much much younger.

I love love love love this blog. Love it. A lot of the content isn't yet applicable to my life (e.g. homemaking, child raising, homeschooling, etc.) but it is still so wonderful to read because it is incredibly encouraging. There is grace here, too. Grace to love God, raise a family and enjoy life in a purposeful, yet unhurried way. Someday this blog will be a great help to me. Right now it is a great model of contentment.


I would love if my blog could do a little bit of what these blogs do - express contentment and joy with where I am. Is this going to turn into a grad school blog? Maybe. I'll probably discuss some of that here, but I doubt that will be my focus. Still thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment