Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What inspires me...

FindingBeautyintheOrdinary.com

When I think about inspiration, I first think of the feeling of home. I don't mean my home back in Missouri or my home here. I mean the feeling itself, the anticipation of my heavenly home, the delight of my earthly homes. It's the feeling of being blessed, the euphoria of knowing where I belong, who I am and who I belong to. This feeling is always connected with worship in some way, but it doesn't occur just when I'm dwelling in God's presence.

Here are just a few things that have inspired me, that have given me that sense of home:

1. My friends and family

2. My favorite place in the world (well, one of them):
England 2007 (view from Warwick Castle)

3. One of my favorite opportunities:
I got to participate in this program my senior year of college. I am so thankful that I did. Amazing people, great cities, and inspiring ideas. The year I participated, the theme was "The Idea of the University."

4. A few of my favorite words:

A THING of beauty is a joy for ever: 
Its loveliness increases; it will never 
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep 
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep 
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
- John Keats, Endymion 

[No, I have not yet read the whole thing.
Don't worry, it's on a to-do list somewhere.]

What inspires you?

1 comment:

  1. swinging by to say hello from the blog hop. I've also been to England. :)

    ReplyDelete