Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Breaking the stress cycle

I don't think that there is any such thing as a stress-free life. But no one would argue that certain levels of stress are just downright unhealthy. Thankfully, the stress in my life is not unbearably high, yet I'm still struggling with it. Part of the problem is that I haven't learned how to take care of my health in a consistent fashion. When I'm stressed things like sleep and eating take a hit. I stay up until 2 in the morning, I eat small meals off-schedule, I procrastinate going to the grocery store, I don't exercise... And what was a little stress now becomes a lot of stress because my body can no longer handle it.

So, it's probably time for me to wise up. Over the past few years, I've learned the skill of saying "no" to too much activity. Now what's needed is the refining of my current lifestyle. If health is really a priority for me, then I should live like it is. I'm in the process of creating baby steps that I can handle. This week it was cutting back on sugar. Goodbye chocolate milk for breakfast. :( If you know me, you'll know how big a deal that is. Hmm... We'll see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment